This page will forward to the new random process site in seconds.
Go now! | Stay here!

Sometimes Parents Are Just...

Yes, this is going be me ranting and raving about the my parents. As much as I love them, they're sometimes so annoying and non-understanding (is that a word...). So a couple friends decided that it would be a good idea to create a website so that we can stay at least somewhat connected in the year(s) to come. Since we're going to quite spread out around the world, it would be nice to have a central location we can still go to to see what we're all up to. So we decided on a web host and name. All seemed well.

I just got to Niagara Falls a couple days ago and I had been busy so I had left the website business on the backburner. However things are quieting down now so I pulled the website out of the to-do list. I casually popped the question of spending $200 collectively to host the website, thinking it'd be no problem. After all, $75 or whatever is small change for what value I put on our friendship of many years. Unexpectedly, I got shut down pretty quick. The reasoning? We could do just as well with our blogs and whatnot. They think I'd be wasting money on something we don't need/can simulate for free. I really don't think so. A blog is still that, a blog. Not really something you can expand and grow to what I wanted at least. Now they told me it's not about the money really; it's more about the fact that I'm willing to spend money on things such as this. And I say, what is this?? $75 for great friends? I honestly don't know what to do. For the guys who this really applies to, I'll try my best to figure out something. I just don't think they really understand what we want for our website. Sometimes I just don't get how they think these things through.

Ah well.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Nick wrote at 7/16/2005 3:22 p.m.

Ahhh, I know the feeling! This laptop business is really ticking me off. We do have to realize however how lucky we are to be able to want these things. Don't worry about the payment, I am getting a line of credit soon (credit card and all) under my name, so we can charge it to that. Then you can pay me back somehow (by wire or something). Don't worry about it we'll figure it out.    



» Post a Comment