This page will forward to the new random process site in seconds.
Go now! | Stay here!

It's Alive!

As I promised, the domain + webhost I got is finally up. The DNS is still propagating through the world wide web, but at least in my parts, I can access the site now. It's in it infancy and I'm learning CSS like a madman. To say the least, it's just a test page up there for now. Doing this CSS stuff is pretty cumbersome at first, but once I get all the initial code down, it'll make for a much simplified updating procedure. I just have to get my photochop skills up to par. I am absolutely useless at it right now, but I've got a buttload of tutorials lined up and I'll just mess around and see what I can create. Expect nothing professional for a while yet. :|

In other news, I've realized that IE and Firefox both suck. Well, that's not true. It's just that coding that looks fine under one browser doesn't necessarily look fine in the other. Why can't they just get along and use the same damn engine or something. I can see why a bunch of pages back when didn't work for Firefox. When it had a much lower adoption rate, developers probably just said, 'You know what, screw it. I'm not going to recode all this so that it looks good for the 2% of users who use Firefox.' But not so anymore so I get the awesome task of coding for both browsers. Don't even drag Opera, Konqueror or Safari in here. Opera doesn't have the usage of Firefox, Konqueror is on Linux and I really don't want to go there right now. And while I'd love to pick up a PowerMac G5 just to test Safari compatability, I (unfortunately) don't have the dough. I'll see if I can't find some people using all those browsers to check compatability once in a while though... (Rene?)

So uh.. Hooway for hand coding!? <-- click it
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Rene wrote at 12/21/2005 11:26 p.m.

Photochop, eh?    



Blogger Charlie wrote at 12/22/2005 12:15 a.m.

I'll get the layout down first then I'll get to the graphics. :P    



» Post a Comment