This page will forward to the new random process site in seconds.
Go now! | Stay here!

The Big One-Eight

I always say it’s just one day older when I’m being really pessimistic but this birthday is supposed to bring something special. 1-8. What does that mean? I wrote about it a while ago in another post (aside – I always find it quite enjoyable to go back and reflect upon the things I’ve written in this blog of mine. Perhaps the second best thing about it aside from you guys being able to know what I’m doing and thinking is that I have a place to look back upon my life). The actual being 18 thing isn’t really anything fancy to me. I guess I can buy pr0n, lotto tickets (got one tonight) and vote in the elections coming up in January. That’ll be kind of exciting I guess. Ok, I probably sound really doom and gloom especially since it’s my birthday, today. The fact is, I’ve got a lot on my plate right now and I just don’t really have time for it. I wish I could delay my birthday until after exams were over and let loose. But nooooo. Oh well, I’ll have a nice Christmas I’m sure. You know what they say, there’s no happiness without sadness or whatever. I’ll thoroughly enjoy the lack of work after all this is over.

So my birthday huh. Let me dwell on myself for a little bit here. I went out with a bunch of guys from our residence/program to the local East Side Marios. I had a pretty good dinner and I even got the whole birthday treatment. You know, the random singing that makes you all embarrassed because everyone’s staring at you and then I got to spin the wheel for a prize. Maybe they thought I was like 12 or something… I took it easy last night. Well, today’s really my birthday but today is the beginning of the study week of death where I spend about 90% of my waking time with my nose in a book. That should be lots of fun.

And to show you how my birthday’s been going, I’ll tell you about my day. I went to our programming tutorial this morning. It just so happened that I was the only one who showed up for it out of a class of 120 people. So instead of actually doing anything productive with my time, I chatted with our TA, who I also talked to Friday night at the party. We reminisced a little and we told each other what we did afterwards. After talking for a while, I went back to residence and ate some food and then proceeded to our last four lectures of the semester and of 2005. They were all just review of random things, although calculus was nice since what we had to know for the exam was slightly clarified.

After all that, I ate dinner and started studying. Since my first exam is physics this Thursday, I decided it would probably be a good plan to really start now. I’m about 2/3 of the way through one of the previous year’s exam and it isn’t too bad, yet. I’m hoping I don’t run into anything too difficult, although I don’t expect to get them all either on the first try. I’m still wondering when I’m going to fit in enough studying for my other courses. As easy as it may sound, Linear Algebra has the potential to destroy me. In all the other courses, I at least understand (mostly) all the concepts. It’s in algebra that I actually don’t understand what’s going on some of the time. I’m definitely going to have to work on that and ask a few people some questions. Stupid math proofs. That’s for the mathies here…

So yeah, basically the only thing I’ve done 18ish is buy a lottery ticket tonight. And the lady didn’t even ID me. What a shame. Maybe it’ll be a winner; who knows. That would be the funniest thing ever. Well only 365 more days until I can drink… legally at least.

Oh and I’m still on the lookout for a good web host that isn’t expensive as hell (or crappy as hell).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Nick wrote at 12/06/2005 4:19 a.m.

Happy Birthday Chuckster!!!!!!! I tried calling but as usual Austrian calling cards are nothing even close to reliable. Hope you had a good one!!

good luck finding a web host that is inexpensive and not a pile of shit. Impossible I say!!!

I'll leave you with this quote for your birthday...kind of sombre but I think applicable to what you talked about in your post.

"The world is so constructed that if you wish to enjoy its pleasures you must also endure its pains" - Swami Brahmananda    



Blogger Rushan wrote at 12/06/2005 6:55 a.m.

Happy 18th Charlie! One step closer to middle age :D Here's to a great year ahead!    



» Post a Comment