This page will forward to the new random process site in seconds.
Go now! | Stay here!

Yes, Yes, Another One

Ok alrighty, so as you may have noticed I have, once more, changed the template for my blog. However there is one thing I'm proud of this time. This is an original template. There's still work to be done with new features I'm going to attempt to add. They may prove too difficult, but I'll try my best.

So basically, I've made this template much wider. I've found most of the generic templates to be very narrow; too narrow for what I want to do with this blog. However I kept it at 1024x768 because the majority of people have that resolution or higher set for their monitors. So for the most part (those still using 800x600 or lower, learn to up the resolution on your monitor. If you can't, then you know it's probably time to upgrade the screen =P ) there'll be no horizontal scrolling needed. I've also chosen what I believe is a nice color mix. Unfortunately, I kind of stole that off one of my favorite hardware sites, Anand Tech, so I can't say I was all that creative there.

So as I've said I'm going to try and push the limits to see what Blogger really lets you do. I've got a few things in mind, but chances are, Blogger may not like the idea. Things to look forward to are customized headers for the sidebar and a navigation system at the bottom of the header.

And I see that the comments area is still in the style of the old template. Gotta work on that and see how to change it over as well.

EDIT: It would appear as though the comments on the new posts are now using the new template while the old ones are, well, using the old template. Not sure how to fix that. :-/

EDIT #2: W00t! I figured it out. Such a stupid little thing. I just forgot to republish the whole blog. Fixies! =D But wowzers, seems like my blog's getting big. To republish the whole thing takes quite a while. =O Well either that or Blogger's just being slow today.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Will wrote at 7/26/2005 6:49 p.m.

Ok...so how could I learn to do something like this? If it involves XML, don't bother, but otherwise...Are you using any tutorials or are you just figuring it out as you go along? And are you using any programs to help you or are you just using text?    



Blogger Will wrote at 7/26/2005 7:19 p.m.

Ok....so I did a little more googling and I came up with this: http://www.clockwatchers.com/blog_main.html
Seems like a pretty good place, but I haven't really had time to check it out. All in HTML too. :D Damn how do you make links in comments?? You can't use a href!!    



Blogger Charlie wrote at 7/26/2005 7:42 p.m.

Well, I just kinda took my old template as a base and replaced random parts (well not random, use some common sense here ;) with what I wanted it to be. I did at first try to look a tutorial, but they were not necessarily for the Blogger templates so I just thought, what the heck, I'll fly by the seat of my pants here. As you said, it's just html. I used Photoshop to create the pictures and stuff I used and just pieced everything together in MS Frontpage and then reconverted it all back into a word file which I then copy and pasted to the template in Blogger.

You could probably skip the Frontpage part, but it made seeing what I doing right and wrong a lot easier with the preview function.

Good luck and I'll try to help where I can if you need it.    



Blogger Rushan wrote at 7/28/2005 4:16 a.m.

The size of the text is too small for the size of the template, so the template looks rather large. That is my only issue with this new template. Otherwise, looks good    



Blogger Charlie wrote at 7/28/2005 10:23 a.m.

Someone's up early eh Rushan? ;)

I'll see what I can do to increase the font size.    



Blogger Rushan wrote at 7/28/2005 12:18 p.m.

Yep....woke up 20 minutes earlier than usual today :D    



» Post a Comment