This page will forward to the new random process site in seconds.
Go now! | Stay here!

OMG...

Sometimes I just get really pissed. And today was one of those days. It seemed to be going well (aside from the fact that I didn't wear my watch to school for the first time in like 3 months...) as I went through Calculus and adv. Chem. Of course advanced chem was a mess because there was mass confusion about a certain ratio thingy, but that's a normal occurrence for chem class. In any case, I made it to lunch pretty much intact. That's when the ship started coming apart.

So I go to the cafeteria and sit down with a few 'friends' (if you could call them that after this sort of behavior) preparing myself to have a nice little lunch. Immediately I am inundated with gossip. I unpack my lunch and take out my sandwich. Then the talk gets downright insulting. Not towards me but to people I know and respect. I just cannot understand why people find the need to talk about others and their failings and whatnot. Can't we just accept people as they are? Can we not stop bashing people for things they've done long in that past? Can we not get to know people before creating, and even worse, spewing out prejudices and rumors? I was just sick and tired of it all. Sometimes in those situations, I just feel like ripping into the perpetrator. But this time, I felt so disgusted I didn't even bother wasting my energy. So I quietly packed away my uneaten lunch and set off to a quieter setting where I could fume and calm down.

I just don't understand sometimes. It was probably cause I didn't have my watch today. Yeah, that's probably it.

Charlie.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Nick wrote at 5/25/2005 9:00 p.m.

I find it kind of interesting that you blame the ignorance of our "friends" on your watch....lucky them. I've talked to you about this phenomenon many times so I think you know my position on it. And I know what it's like being in the same position. It's not just a coincidence that I haven't hung out with certain people for a very, very long time:) For what it's worth, sometimes you just have to do what you did today and let it go, but other times you have to defend the little guy and stick up for what you believe in. It may mean being confrontational, but if it means that it will open someone's eyes even a little isn't it worth it?    



Blogger Charlie wrote at 5/25/2005 9:09 p.m.

I'll keep that in mind Nick for the next time this occurs. I was tempted, oh so tempted, but perhaps it was for the worse that I didn't school them somewhat.

But I don't really think that would've solved anything if you know what I mean. ;)    



Blogger Nick wrote at 5/26/2005 9:38 a.m.

I know what you mean. You have to pick your battles, and I would agree that in the middle of the cafeteria at lunch time porbably isn't the best place to lay the smacketh down on someone. Even if they are riduculousy obnoxious.    



Blogger Reese wrote at 5/26/2005 3:45 p.m.

I'm hoping that this isn't a personal attack on me. I was there, yes, I was involved in the conversation, yes, but I don't think that this means that I should be called your "friend" (in quotation marks). Not one of you can say you haven't been part of a conversation of the like.

It is sickening, though. It happened again today (about a different person, same subject matter), and that's when I noticed it really gets out of hand. When I'm sitting in my classroom and can hear a voice talking about someone in the hallway, really loudly... wow. Sometimes I don't get gossip.    



Blogger Charlie wrote at 5/26/2005 8:05 p.m.

Nope, not a personal attack against you at all Maryse. In reality, you're not one I would consider a gossiper. I think you know who I'm directing this mostly at.    



Anonymous Anonymous wrote at 6/10/2005 3:34 p.m.

I think you're all a bunch of phony hypocrites. While some of your "friends" may bother you when they gossip or or make attacks on other people behind their backs, can you honestly say that you're not doing exactly the same to them. If they do really bother you that much then stop hanging around them, just don't bitch and complain about it.    



» Post a Comment